Shoot plan- The idea behind this shoot is to work in inspiration from Simon Fitz with his use of lighting and compositions to explore emotion in his monochromatic images. I feel inspired by the way Simon has portrayed the theme of surfing in a different way and atmosphere. Surfing is usually perceived and documented as a happy, bright and colourful sport however he has captured in a unique duller atmosphere which is really effective in capturing emotion. This is an effect I would like to try and capture in my own work- to try and make my images emit strong emotion. I also feel inspired by his placement of images together as a set as he explores different subjects however they all match similar atmospheres. The techniques I would like to explore are to capture a set of monochromatic images which emit strong emotion. I will be using natural lighting on a duller day to create...
Shoot plan- The ideas behind my work are to work in inspiration form Jenny Sampson. I wanted to capture a similar emotion and atmosphere as she manages to in her work. She creates compelling portraits of the local skaters to her which is an idea I would like to employ in my work. Her style of shooting on an old school camera in close up black and whites inspires me and is something I would like to explore in my own work. She shoots using wet plates but I will be using a large format film camera to incorporate her idea of using an old camera for contemporary work. I will be shooting skaters and surfers from Cornwall who shows interesting features and characteristics. I would like to create a series of images all in black and white of close up portraits of individuals. I will also be shooting using my old film camera so I get a variety of images. I am aiming to get detailed close up images of individuals, by using a large format camera I am hoping to achieve that. I will also be dev...
Xugeli- Artist research- Xugeli is a photographer who captures unique surfing compositions around the world, he explores creative lighting and movement through his images. I feel inspired by his creative compositions and colours captured in his dusk images. He explores the figure through the human form and how movement alters it, surfing is really effective in capturing it. The main theme in most his images are the figure. The pictorial space is often shallow as the image is very up close and doesn't include a background so there isn't much depth. The surfer is adjacent to the wave so it creates a sense of scale of how big the wave is. However some of his closer up images are very abstracted so it's hard to see a sense of scale. The genre of his images are seascapes and landscapes. His use of slow shutter really abstracts the shape and form of the wave and figure. Xugeli shoots using a Digital camera and water housing- he experim...
Comments
Post a Comment